Monday, August 28, 2006

Our Song
Music

Maybe its a childish notion I have, from some unfulfilled teenage years, but I wish Esra and I had what we could call "our song". You know, like it could be playing on the radio or something, and we would drop everything and make sweet tender love to each other, even if we are in the middle of the 520 bridge. Our maybe just to play it at our wedding. But its re-e-e-eally hard to find something: We both have to really like it, and it has to communicate affection and love, and it should be timeless, right? I don't understand turkish lyrics, strike off half of Esra's taste. My music? Mostly alternative and little bit of rap? Really difficult. We really liked Eliot Smith's "Waltz #2, but the main chorus is: You're no good-your'e no good-you're no good. There were two possibilities on the Stone Temple Pilots No. 4 CD: I Got You:

I got you
But its the craving for the good life
That sees me through troubled times
When the mind begins to wander to the spoon

Wander to the spoon? I don't want to explain that I'm not actually a heroin junkie at my wedding.

Another one: Atlanta

She comforts me when
The candles blow out
The cake has grown mold
But the memories are sweet
The laughters all gone
But the memories are mine
The mexican princess
Is out of my life

Goddamn mexican princess?

I used to like NIN alot...Closer? You Let Me Violate You, You Let Me Penetrate You, You Let Me Desacrate You. Hmmmm, no Mr. Panayirici not till after the wedding.

Somebody help me. (Including you, Esra!) I can't give into the pull of teenybopper music. I haven't been looking that hard, maybe just a pointing in the right direction...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. Some of the songs that you've listed could actually be applied to certain situations;

For example, when you piss me off Eliot Smith's "Waltz #2”,
When drunk – NIN’s “Closer”..etc.

Why have only one song when we can have many.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey esra...want to go get a drink?

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops:)

10:19 PM  
Blogger Toddypoo said...

MC squared: Don't you have a diaper to change asswipe?

Esra: You must not encourage them, or its back in the burka for you.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I have an ass to wipe then a diaper to change.

If you can hit on my wife then I should get to hit on yours...fair is fair.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Toddypoo said...

uhhhhh accepting a milkshake is not hitting on anything, even if it directly from the breast.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

millions of burkas. burkas for me..

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home