Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Battlestar Iraq-tica
TV, Politics

Honestly, it was a little hard to get in the mood, to pick up where I left off in my BSG worship. Especially after my strategic failures in getting people to like it, including some of my nerdiest friends (you know who you are!) But Fridays' 2 hour intro successful was a solid start to what I think was the best show on TV.

So the human race and territory has been occupied by cylons. The humans fight back through insurgency. Some cylons want torture and extermination. Others want peace and co-existence. Some people start working for the cylons, not to enrich themselves, but because they think it's the only peaceful way. Many humans want to kill those humans, and would kill those humans if the cylons left. I find sympathetic characters on all sides. Of course they all hate the cylons, so they resort to suicide bombings. Probably the only TV to ever make me have sympathy for suicide bombers. It seems to make emotional sense to the people doing it, especially in the face of hopelessness...Up to this season, you never got a sense of what ideology the show was pushing. Plus all the personal dramas are pretty good. Too bad the constantly masterbating genius is now the most hated character on the show. For some reason, I have a lot of sympathy for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home