Monday, December 12, 2005

[from BEAN] Discovery Park
Seattle

Discovery Park is by far the most beautiful and romantic wastewater treatment facility/park combo I have ever been to. Kidding aside, I went there for the first time recently, and it is actually a very nice park there, with about 2.8 miles of trail (about 1 hour walking) through a forest, onto a beach, and overlooking the beach by a cliff. Projecting my own experience upon everybody (that's what a blog is for) I assume this is a relatively unknown park. I think it is worth a looksy for a nice walk or if you are econo-dating. Despite the haze, what little of the sunset I saw was quite striking - pink and blue sky, an orange sun, the hazy blue cascades and ocean was really picturesque. The wastewater treatment facility kinda smells near the lighthouse, but its not the smell you think it is, but everywhere else is foresty fresh. FYI it is on the southside of whatever that canal is that separates Udistrict, fremont and ballard from queen anne and montlake, at the very westerly point jutting into puget sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home